'I'm living my dream': Jon Pardi, Chris Lane go boots first for Homecoming

Jon Pardi performing during the UPC Homecoming Concert on Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.

Jon Pardi started the crowd like an engine with just a swing of his arm against his baby blue electric guitar. 

University Program Council hosted their annual Homecoming concert on the Green Space, and fans from all over the state came to The Plains wearing their cowboy boots, Stetsons and jean skirts. 

"The belt buckle, the cowboy hat, the boots, the jeans the voice — it's all Jon Pardi. It's all good," said Mikayla Beck, an attendee from Huntsville. 

Beck said she has followed Pardi since his start, and in all of her Alabama football gear, she braved the Auburn fanbase to see him perform just once more. 

Pardi was sure to not disturb his passionate fans with a "Roll Tide," and instead garnished most of his songs with a "War Eagle." 

Pardi, made popular from his hit single, "Dirt On My Boots," has released two studio albums with Capital Nashville records. He grew up in Dixon, California, and left for Nashville to follow his honky-tonk dreams. 

"This many men in cowboy hats is bad for my decision-making skills," one exuberant fan said. 

Chris Lane hit the stage before Pardi, and his crystal blue lights could not cool down the crowd. Wearing a satin, navy blue tee, Lane opened with his fan-favorite, "Fix." 

Chris Lane performing during the UPC Homecoming Concert on Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.

A loud opening followed after announcer Charlsie Etheredge informed the ladies in the crowd that Lane smelled good and performed tremendously at the two private shows before the night event. 

"You should meet me at the Waffle House later tonight," Lane sang to fans as he wrapped up one of his last songs. Lane, an American country music star, grew up in North Carolina. He recently published his record, Laps Around The Sun, with Big Loud Records. 

Halfway through his set he stripped his over shirt and slid a Stenson on. The paisley red hankerchief around his ankle bounced as he went from each side of the stage throwing out guitar picks. The crowd loved the shirt decision as they dug their muddy heels deeper into what is now the "Brown" Space. 

According to UPC President of Major Entertainment Caroline Scott, the decision to settle on country came as an obvious next move for the team. UPC brought 2 Chainz to the Auburn Arena last year, so they wanted to switch up the selection this year. 

"Country is family-oriented, which allowed us to get the community involved," Scott said. "We were hoping Auburn students would huddle around that. Auburn is a family." 

Share and discuss “'I'm living my dream': Jon Pardi, Chris Lane go boots first for Homecoming” on social media.