Restructuring the Involvement Ambassadors

<p>The 2018-2019 Involvement Ambassadors.</p>

The 2018-2019 Involvement Ambassadors.

When looking for ways to get involved on campus, the Involvement Ambassadors have all the resources prospective students need.

Over the summer, the Involvement Ambassadors completely restructured its program in order to be more helpful and effective. The program is a resource for any student or student-run organization seeking assistance in finding involvement opportunities and organization resources.

The new program includes one-on-one consultations as well as group meetings. 

Another new feature the Involvement Ambassadors introduced over the summer is the “Involvement Web Series.” This new technique includes a three-part series with tutorial videos, webinar meetings and a live chat feature.”

Included in this series is the “Involvement Webinar Series.” The webinar series takes place on Zoom from 12:30 p.m.–1:30 p.m. and features various organizational resources, guest speakers, Auburn University students and lots of audience interaction. The Involvement Ambassadors believe that listening to others speak about their experiences helps students learn how to properly run their own organizations, which is why the webinar series was created.

The live chat series of the Involvement Ambassadors, titled “Ask an Ambassador,” is another newly introduced section of the organization. From 10 a.m.–2 p.m. and 5 p.m.–8 p.m. students may ask Involvement Ambassadors any questions they have related to on-campus involvement and receive a response within 48 hours.

If students cannot contact Ambassadors via the Office of Student Involvement’s website, they may visit the Student Involvement Suit, Room 3130 in the Student Center, on any weekday during the same times as the live chat. 

The seven Involvement Ambassadors also created the “AUInvolve Tutorials,” in which they answer and explain the most frequently asked questions about the program. Some topics included in these tutorials are “Creating an Event” and “Creating a Form.”

“I wanted to be a part of the organization to help students to realize that getting involved is not scary or difficult,” said Jordan Cotney, an involvement ambassador. “It can be a fun way to connect with other students who have similar interests.”

By speaking with any of the seven ambassadors in the program, Auburn students can get information on how to get involved on campus from others just like them. 

Share and discuss “Restructuring the Involvement Ambassadors” on social media.