Top 5 Miss Homecoming candidates announced

The Elections Council announced the Top 5 Miss Homecoming candidates Wednesday night on Cater Lawn

SGA announced the Top 5 Miss Homecoming candidates on Cater Lawn on Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.

Just a day after the Top 20 Miss Homecoming nominees were announced, the Elections Council announced the Top 5 on Cater Lawn Wednesday night.

Many anxious people gathered around the back of Cater Hall and waited to hear the results. Three members of the Elections Council shared the names of girls in no particular order. 

Maddy Hickman, senior in public relations; Tracy Moore, senior in public relations; Jennifer Eaton, senior in psychology; Sadie Argo, senior in psychology and Spanish; and Sarah Louise Boland, senior in entrepreneurship, are this year’s candidates. 

After the names were called, the five girls took time to celebrate with their friends, then ran up the stairs to get their picture taken and share their excitement.

Every girl expressed how grateful they were, and Sarah Louise Boland said how many emotions she was feeling at the moment. 

“I’m in absolute pure shock, and I have never had such an honor,” Boland said.

Maddy Hickman also said how much of an honor it was to even be considered.

“It was honestly an honor to even be nominated, and to be here is just completely overwhelming,” Hickman said. “So I’m excited and ready for this week with these awesome girls.” 

A few of the girls talked about the feeling of surrealness they experienced. 

“It’s a feeling of surrealness. I can’t believe this is actually happening, but I’m excited to share my platform with the University,” Argo said. 

“I think all day I was kind of saying, ‘You’re not going to get it, you’re not going to get it,’ and then I was standing cheering for Maddy, and my name came after that, so I think like everyone else is saying, just surreal,” Moore said. 

Jennifer Eaton was still trying to find the words to express how she felt. 

“I really don’t even have the words right now, maybe tomorrow I’ll be able to process it, but I’m just humbled really,” Eaton said.

The final results for Miss Homecoming will be announced on Sept. 28, 2018, at the homecoming game against Southern Mississippi. The candidates will campaign throughout the week leading up to the game.

The Top 5 Miss Homecoming candidates, in no particular order, are:

• Maddy Hickman, senior in public relations
  • Tracy Moore, senior in public relations
  • Jennifer Eaton, senior in psychology
  • Sadie Argo, senior in psychology and Spanish
  • Sarah Louise Boland, senior in entrepreneurship

Share and discuss “Top 5 Miss Homecoming candidates announced” on social media.