City to invest in new water resource

With a growing population, the department plans to expand Auburn’s water supply in the upcoming years.

<p>Water cascades over small rocks at the base of La Fortuna waterfall on Friday, July 21, 2017 in La Fortuna, Costa Rica.&nbsp;</p>

Water cascades over small rocks at the base of La Fortuna waterfall on Friday, July 21, 2017 in La Fortuna, Costa Rica. 

Auburn’s Water Resource Management Department’s mission is to manage the quality of water for the city and provide excellent water for all residents.

The Auburn Water Works Board recently authorized a new groundwater well design that will add to the city’s supply of water resources and ensure water supply through the year 2050.

With preliminary testing and design completed, the construction of the new well is expected to begin summer 2019.

The water supply addition is planned to be in service by spring 2020, said Eric Carson, Auburn water resource management director. 

Carson said the new well will provide another source of high-quality drinking water to the City of Auburn.

Another feature of the new well will be its drought resistance, Carson said.

The well will be located in south Auburn and will add diversity to the city’s abundance of natural resources, such as the primary water supply source, Lake Ogletree.

Share and discuss “City to invest in new water resource” on social media.