Giving back to the community at National Night Out

The event was held to bring the community together for a night.

The Auburn Housing Authority along with the Auburn Police Division hosted the National Night Out in the Ridgecrest community on Thursday evening. 

The event was held to bring the community together for a night, with patrol cars and firetrucks exhibited for families. The event was created in order foster engagement between police officers and residents. 

The police officers were there to show their appreciation and care for the community while having fun with the families. There was a ticket raffle where several bikes were gifted to the kids.

“We spend a lot of time with them and we like to give back to the community,” Randy Ratliff said.

There were about 30 vendors and organizations there to show support to the community while offering services and prizes.

“We were invited, and we like to share the love of Jesus Christ with anyone who will listen,” Lynn Grimes from the Christian Motorcyclists Association said. 

Many of the organizations that attended the event were churches or other religious establishments. 

“We have a lot of churches who help us pull off these events,” Charlotte Mattox, the public relations coordinator for the Auburn Housing Authority, said.

The Auburn Housing Authority provides housing assistance for low-income families in Auburn, LaFayette and Roanoke, Alabama. They host events and other meetings for their communities such as financial literacy and fire prevention seminars.

Share and discuss “Giving back to the community at National Night Out ” on social media.