OPINION | Ford-Kavanaugh hearing showed lack of regard for compassion, due process and decency

Judge Brett Kavanaugh testifies to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018 during his Supreme Court confirmation hearing in the Dirksen Senate Office Building on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. (Win McNamee/Pool/Zuma Press/TNS)

Editor's Note:  An opposing view to this column can be found here.

Since this started, this process has been nothing but an attempt to ruin someone’s life to try to win a Supreme Court seat. Nothing more. 

The Democrats want to stop Judge Brett Kavanaugh by any means necessary. They want to win back the Senate and reject President Donald Trump’s nominees until 2020 with the hopes of winning the presidency. They will do anything to achieve this goal. They simply do not care.

They do not care that they have tried to commit character assassination. The Democrats are out to ruin Kavanaugh’s life. They’ve taken allegations with no evidence and weaponized them to shame a man with an immaculate life-long record of public service. They simply do not care.

They do not care that every alleged witness to every allegation either disputes or cannot corroborate the claims. They do not care that no one has come forward with more info about any of them. They do not care that all the people who have come forward have been in support of Kavanugh. They simply do not care.

They do not care that Kavanaugh and his family have received death threats. They do not care that when the FBI investigation yields nothing, he will never get to do the things he loves again like teaching or coaching girls’ basketball. They do not care that they will have tarnished the name and reputation of a good man. They simply do not care.

They do not care that they have made him seem like an alcoholic in front of the entire country — an allegation, which tons of his friends have refuted. He testified that he loved beer and even drank too much sometimes – which, I hope isn’t a disqualifying quality for people in public life – and they weaponized it to make him seem like an out of control drunkard. They simply do not care.

They do not care about Christine Blasey Ford. Need proof? Sen. Dianne Feinstein withheld the allegations until the latest, politically opportune moment. She could’ve handled it confidentially — per Ford’s wishes — and solved this weeks ago, but that wouldn’t have achieved her goals. She used Ford as a political pawn, which should infuriate anyone who cares about sexual assault victims. They simply do not care.

They do not care about the #MeToo movement. Need proof? How many Democrats have you seen talking about the allegations of domestic abuse against Rep. Keith Ellison? What about the sexual abuse that Sen. Cory Booker admitted to? What about Juanita Broderick, Bill Clinton’s accuser? It’s simple. The Democrats simply do not care.

Like Sen. Lindsey Graham, this is the most disgusting thing I’ve seen in politics. The lack of regard to compassion, due process and decency by the Democrats is absolutely heinous. This is a stain on our country and will infect these processes for the foreseeable future. Everyone complicit in this sham of a process should be ashamed. And they would be, if they cared.

Michael Jones is a senior in business at Auburn and contributes to The College Fix, a conservative blog, and the Lone Conservative.

Share and discuss “OPINION | Ford-Kavanaugh hearing showed lack of regard for compassion, due process and decency” on social media.