Live blog: Auburn falls at home to Tennessee

Follow along here as The Plainsman sports staff keeps you updated during No. 21 Auburn's matchup against Tennessee

Ryan Davis (23) runs the ball during Auburn Football vs. Mississippi State on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2018, in Starkville, Miss.

Auburn returns to Jordan-Hare Stadium to face the Volunteers after losing in Starkville.

Follow along here as The Plainsman sports staff keeps you updated during No. 21 Auburn's matchup against Tennessee. We'll keep you posted on scores, news, injuries and analysis.

Fourth Quarter

0:00 - Tennessee defeats No. 21 Auburn 30-24 in Jordan-Hare Stadium. Volunteer quarterback Jarrett Guarantano finishes with 328 yards and two touchdowns on 21-of-32 passing.

0:37 - Tennessee recovers the Auburn onside kick attempt.

0:37 - Touchdown, Auburn. Williams rises up to grab the touchdown. Auburn trails Tennessee 24-30 with no timeouts remaining.

6:28 - Stidham is sacked on fourth-and-four. Tennessee to take over on downs at its own 32.

8:07 - Auburn is now at the Tennessee 45 after a five-yard gain from Malik Miller.

8:56 - Schwartz gains 18 on the reverse for his first touch since scoring. 

11:04 - Palmer reels in a 42-yard pass from Guarantano to the Auburn seven. 

12:54 - Auburn receives the punt at its four-yard line after a delay of game penalty on Davis' attempted return.

14:02 - T.D. Moultry and Montavious Atkinson combine for the sack on Guarantano for a loss of four.

15:00 - Anders Carlson's 54-yard attempt is no good. Tennessee will take over on its own 40.

Third Quarter

0:00 - Tennessee takes the lead after three quarters. Stidham's third-down fumble padded the Volunteer lead to 10. Tennessee leads Auburn, 17-27.

0:07 - Stidham is sacked on third down. Fourth down to come at start of fourth quarter.

1:20 - Auburn now across midfield after a 23-yard third-down catch by Williams. 

1:50 - Stidham connects with Davis for 10 yards and a first-down conversion to the Auburn 37.

2:35 - Whitlow hurt on the touchdown play, walks to the locker room on own power after extended period on the ground.

2:45 - Touchdown, Tennessee. Stidham is stripped sacked en route to a Volunteer recovery and touchdown. Tennessee pads onto its lead over Auburn, 27-17.

3:30 - Touchdown, Tennessee. Jennings brings in the touchdown on third-and-11 over Auburn's Jordyn Peters. Targeting penalty called on Jeremiah Dinson as the Volunteers now take the lead, 20-17.

5:10 - Josh Palmer's 38-yard reception brings the Volunteers to the Auburn 25.

7:29 - Marlon Davidson is down with apparent injury, walked off the field while favoring left leg.

8:26 - Guarantano connects with Jennings for 11 yards and a Tennessee first down to the Volunteer 25.

9:05 - Big Kat Bryant and Dontavius Russell bring Guarantano down for the sack and a loss of five.

10:02 - Stidham's pass to Williams bounces away, nearly intercepted on third-and-six. Callaway returns the Auburn punt to the Tennessee 14.

11:16 - Madre London gets no yardage on the fourth-down attempt. Auburn takes over at its 39.

11:38 - Tennessee is stopped on third-and-one at the Auburn 39, will go for it.

13:38 - Guarantano throws it to Callaway for a gain of 25 to the Auburn 48.

15:00 - Tennessee starts the second half on its 25.

Second Quarter

0:00 - Auburn holds onto a four-point lead over Tennessee at the end of the first half. Stidham finishes 10-of-18 for 182 yards, one touchdown and a pair of interceptions.

0:12 - Field goal, Tennessee. Cimaglia connects from 45 yards to bring the Volunteers within four. Auburn leads 17-13.

0:28 - Guarantano connects with Jordan Murphy for a gain of seven after a third-down conversion. Tennessee moves to the Auburn 28 with 22 seconds remaining in the half.

0:55 - Auburn is held to a three-and-out inside its 10. Arryn Siposs punts it across midfield, Tennessee takes over at its 48.

1:55 - Tennessee stopped on third-and-five, the Volunteers pin Auburn on its two-yard line.

3:35 - Touchdown, Auburn. Stidham connects with Anthony Schwartz, Schwartz ignores the Tennessee defense for a 76-yard sprint. Tennessee trails Auburn 17-10.

4:42 - Nick Coe sacks Guarantano for a loss of nine yards to force a three-and-out. Tennessee to punt, Auburn takes over at its 21.

6:40 - Stidham attempts to escape, but throws interception to Jonathan Kongbo. Tennessee starts at the Auburn 37.

7:36 - Stidham finds Darius Slayton for a gain of 26 to the Tennessee 41.

9:18 - Williams hauls in a 15-yard catch for a third-down conversion to the Auburn 35.

10:50 - Touchdown, Tennessee. Guarantano finds Chandler up the middle of the field for a 42-yard touchdown. Tennessee is now tied with Auburn at 10 apiece.

11:56 - Jennings gets 19 and a third-down conversion on third-and-13, Volunteers move across midfield.

12:20 - Chandler's deep catch is called back, illegal receiver downfield. Tennessee is pushed back to its 38.

13:13 - Jarrett Stidham's pass is picked off. Tennessee takes the ball back at its 41-yard line.

13:40 - Cimaglia's kick is blocked by Marlon Davidson. Auburn takes over at the Tennessee 47.

14:13 - Chandler gets four yards, Tennessee held to a three-and-out at the Auburn 31.

First Quarter

0:00 - Tennessee trails Auburn at the end of the first, 10-3. 

0:04 - Marquez Callaway goes down the left sideline for a 30-yard grab, Tennessee moves up to the Auburn 34 to end the first quarter. 

1:03 - Jauan Jennings gets six yards on the catch and the first down at the Tennessee 36.

2:24 - Field goal, Auburn. Anders Carlson hits it from 20 yards out. Auburn is stopped on third-and-two on the Tennessee two-yard line. The Tigers lead the Volunteers 10-3.

4:30 - Miller goes up the left side for a 17-yard rush to the Tennessee 15.

5:01 - Malik Miller gains 23 on the screen catch to the Tennessee 38. 

5:23 - Ryan Davis gains 14 on the sideline catch. Auburn to its 39-yard line.

5:29 - Field goal, Tennessee. Brent Cimaglia hits it from 43 yards out after Jamel Dean's pass breakup on third-and-six.  The Volunteers trail Auburn 7-3. 

6:05 - Jarrett Guarantano wrapped up after an attempted scramble, third-and-six for Tennessee at the Auburn 25.

7:28 - Chandler follows up a 19-yard catch-and-run by Tim Jordan, the Volunteers now on the Auburn 29-yard line.

9:40 - Tennessee's first offensive play is a 18-yard rush by Ty Chandler.

9:44 - Touchdown, Auburn. The Tigers capitalize on a 14-play, 75-yard opening drive as Chandler Cox runs it in from a yard out. Auburn now leads 7-0 over Tennessee.

11:15 - Seth Williams goes for 15 yards on the slant grab. Auburn now to the Tennessee 20.

13:06 - Whitlow gains eight, Auburn now beyond midfield to the Tennessee 47.

14:03 - JaTarvious Whitlow gains three yards on the rush, gets Auburn's first first down on its 37-yard line.

15:00 - Tennessee wins the toss, will defer. Auburn to start with the ball.

Share and discuss “Live blog: Auburn falls at home to Tennessee” on social media.