Top 5 Miss Auburn candidates announced at callouts

The Top 5 Miss Auburn candidates were announced Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2018, on the back steps of Cater Hall.

Top 5 Miss Auburn Candidates

Kate Dorsten, junior in biomedical sciences

Kennedye McGhee, junior in biomedical sciences

Maddie Sullivan, junior in marketing

Macy Armstrong, junior in social work

Laura Davenport, junior in biomedical sciences

The day after Top 20 was announced, the Elections Council presented the Top 5 candidates who will be running for Miss Auburn in the spring. 

A sizable crowd gathered around Cater Hall's back steps for callouts as the names were announced. In no particular order, elections officials called the names, followed by celebration as the girls ran to the top of the stairs. 

All of the nominees expressed extreme gratitude for this opportunity. Macy Armstrong, junior in social work, said she never imagined she would be in this position. 

“I’m honestly speechless, very humbling,” Armstrong said. “I never thought in a million years I’d be standing here, but all I can say is I’m extremely grateful."

Kate Dorsten, junior in biomedical sciences pre-pharmacy, also shared how humbling it was to hear her name called. 

“I’m honestly so humbled I would be considered being nominated in the first place, and to make it this far is such a dream come true,” Dorsten said. 

Some of the girls also said how amazing it was to have the chance to impact their school. 

Maddie Sullivan, junior in marketing, highlighted this sentiment. 

“I’m so thrilled and humbled to have this opportunity to represent this school and this community,” Sullivan said. “I’m also amazed to go through this process with these amazing girls,”. 

Laura Davenport, junior in biomedical sciences, also said how great it would be to work alongside the other four girls.

“To even be here is an absolute pleasure and honor,” Davenport said. “I’m beyond humbled and I feel so blessed to be around all these people and these amazing girls,”. 

Kennedy McGhee, junior in biomedical science, shared her excitement to begin this journey.

“I feel really blessed to be here right now, and I really feel honored to be in this position,” McGhee said. “I’m excited to see where it leads, and I just really want God to guide in the steps along the way."

Miss Auburn campaigns will soon begin to organize, and the new Miss Auburn will be announced in early 2019. Miss Auburn elections coincide with SGA elections during the spring semester.

Share and discuss “Top 5 Miss Auburn candidates announced at callouts” on social media.