Local coffee shops supporting Campus Food Pantry, Universities Fighting World Hunger in annual Coffee Crawl

Side Track Coffee on Dec. 2, 2018, in Opelika, Ala.

Finals week is approaching quickly, and the coffee machines are already whirring. 

As late-night study sessions at RBD and all-nighters in Mell inevitably normalize in the ensuing days, with them comes a growing number of coffee cups clutched in the hands of heavy-eyed students as they walk to and from class, study rooms and, for some lucky students, bedrooms.

Students shouldn’t fear for a shortage of caffeine in Auburn, however, especially with Auburn’s Annual Coffee Crawl hosted by Auburn’s flagship chapter of Universities Fighting World Hunger. 

“I think what makes the Coffee Crawl enjoyable is that it encourages people to try out different coffee shops in the area, and it provides something useful for finals week — coffee,” said Meg McCalley, the organization’s president and a senior in French. 

From Dec. 1–14, UFWHIAuburn will host the Auburn Coffee Crawl with all proceeds going to benefit the Campus Food Pantry to provide support to food-insecure students on campus. 

“The Campus Food Pantry is unique because they don’t require those who use it to prove financial need, making it accessible to students and employees, even if they need it for just a short time,” McCalley said.

Students can purchase tickets for $5, which will get them a drink as well as discounts to participating coffee shops throughout Auburn, including Ross House, The Bean, Coffee Cat, World Cup, Mama Mocha’s, Whimsy Beverage Bar and One Bike Coffee. 

“The coffee shops are usually very eager to help,” she said. “I think they like that the Coffee Crawl supports a good cause and brings in business. One Bike Coffee even offered our group a donation in addition to their participation.” 

Discounts include: 

Ross House - 15 percent off any coffee or espresso drink 

Mama Mochas - $2 cappuccinos and buy one get one avocado toast 

The Bean - $1 off any size latte or mocha 

One Bike - buy one coffee drink, get one free

World Cup - 25 percent off specialty lattes 

Whimsy Beverage Bar - $1 off any signature tonic 

Coffee Cat - buy a 16oz specialty drink, get one free 

Students can purchase tickets this Wednesday on the concourse and in the Human Studies Office in Room 337 of Spidle Hall. The office is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. throughout the week. 

Share and discuss “Local coffee shops supporting Campus Food Pantry, Universities Fighting World Hunger in annual Coffee Crawl” on social media.