Report: Kelly Bryant to choose between Auburn, Missouri in coming days

<p>Auburn linebacker Darrell Williams (49) tackles Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant (2) in the first half. Auburn vs Clemson on Saturday, Sept. 9 in Clemson, S.C.</p>

Auburn linebacker Darrell Williams (49) tackles Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant (2) in the first half. Auburn vs Clemson on Saturday, Sept. 9 in Clemson, S.C.

Former Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant will remain a Tiger next season.

That's according to a Friday report from The Kansas City Star's Alex Schiffer, who says Bryant has narrowed his choices down to Missouri and Auburn. He is expected to make his commitment decision Tuesday, Dec. 4. 

According to Schiffer, Missouri and Arkansas took in-home visits with Bryant this week. He is currently in Auburn on his official visit.

Auburn emerged as a suitor for Bryant in November when the former Clemson Tiger took a midweek visit to The Plains.

“It was a good trip just sitting down and talking with coach and getting a feel for what they were all about,” Bryant said last month. “Feel it would be a good situation to be able to step into with the guys they will have coming back on both sides of the ball.”  

Bryant left Clemson's program after coach Dabo Swinney named true freshman Trevor Lawrence the team's starting quarterback early in the year. 

Due to the NCAA's four-game redshirt rule, Bryant kept a year of eligibility in tact by leaving the team before appearing in more than four games. Because Bryant will be a graduate transfer, he'll be immediately eligible wherever he lands.

If Bryant picks Auburn, he'll join a quarterback room of rising junior Malik Willis, sophomores Cord Sandberg and Joey Gatewood, and freshman 2019 commitment Bo Nix. 2017-18 starter Jarrett Stidham is expected to leave for the NFL.

At Clemson, Bryant passed for 3,333 yards and 16 touchdowns while rushing for 987 yards and 16 more touchdowns on the ground. The South Carolina native led the Tigers to a 12-2 record with an ACC Championship and No. 1 seed in the College Football Playoff last year. 

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Report: Kelly Bryant to choose between Auburn, Missouri in coming days” on social media.