Additional police present at Auburn Junior High after student arrested for bringing firearm to campus

Police found an unexpended bullet on Auburn Junior High School grounds Thursday.

<p>Police tape surrounds a crime scene.</p>

Police tape surrounds a crime scene.

Police arrested a 15-year-old male junior high school student Thursday for bringing a gun to school.

"Out of an abundance of caution, police personnel then searched and located a firearm," APD said in a statement.

After finding the firearm, police arrested the 15-year-old student and charged him with unlawful possession of a firearm. He was removed from the school. Additional charges are possible.

On Friday, police received reports of suspicious social media messages, prompting a greater presence of law enforcement officials at the school.

"The Auburn Police Division received reports of suspicious messages related to yesterday’s arrest of a 15-year-old student for having a firearm at Auburn Junior High School," police said. "Rumors of retaliatory acts at school have circulated by, and through, personal electronic devices of students at the school."

The nature of the messages isn't immediately clear.

"Other than re-circulated rumors, the Police Division has found no original message or origin of any such threat," police said. "Out of an abundance of caution, additional police personnel are present."

Share and discuss “Additional police present at Auburn Junior High after student arrested for bringing firearm to campus” on social media.