Q&A with Macy Armstrong, candidate for 2019 Miss Auburn

Macy Armstrong, candidate for Miss Auburn, on Jan. 31, 2019 in Auburn, Ala.

Laura Davenport, junior in biomedical sciences, is one of five candidates for 2019 Miss Auburn. We sent a questionnaire to each of the candidates. The questions and Armstrong's responses can be seen below. Elections will be held Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

We gave each of the candidates for Miss Auburn 30 seconds to pitch their case to students. Here's what they said.

Q: What are the characteristics you want to exemplify when representing the University? 

A: To be considered for this position is such an incredible honor that should not be taken lightly. Miss Auburn is confident, graceful and true to herself and her abilities. As an official hostess of Auburn University, I would choose to embody three core values that I believe are essential to the role of Miss Auburn. The dignity and worth of all individuals, the importance of human relationships and service are the ideals that I want to exemplify while representing Auburn. We see the importance of these values through the creed our university was founded on, and I would love nothing more than the opportunity to keep that legacy held strong.  

Q: Why do you care about Auburn University as a whole?

A: To care for something is to protect it, to take serious attention it and to guide it. This is the forefront to my passion of the incredible Auburn University. I care about maintaining this campus and all its integrity. This lies in keeping true the vison for diversity and inclusion, the strong family atmosphere and the attentiveness to student life. Auburn has allowed me to find my passions, build relationships with others who come from all walks of life, and be influenced by those people every day. This is why I believe in Auburn, and love it. 

Q: What are the top priorities in your platform?

A: When choosing the line of the creed, “I believe in the human touch,” I thought about all the experiences and memories that define me as an Auburn woman, friend and leader. My realization remained in the fact that the human touch is the fundamental and steadfast reason I have been able to create intentional relationships during my time at Auburn. As a social work major, I want to dedicate my life by encompassing the importance of touching lives of people every day. My platform recognizes these values, as I want to empower people to make the most of their talents – and I am here to ensure we all have the opportunity to do so. All in with Armstrong is All in for you.

Q: What experiences have had the biggest impact on your Auburn experience? 

A: Being a student recruiter has been such an incredible experience during my time at Auburn. This past summer, I was fortunate to give tours to potential students who were interested in this place we all know and love. Being able to share why I love and am so passionate about Auburn was not too hard to do, but I didn’t realize the impacts the families would in return make on me. Watching all different people from different places of the world connect to one aspect of this campus was such an honor to witness – that being the family atmosphere. “War Eagle” ties the whole auburn family together with two words. Auburn is unmatched in spirit and tradition, and this remained evident to the campus visitors. 

Share and discuss “Q&A with Macy Armstrong, candidate for 2019 Miss Auburn” on social media.