With the basketball team headed to Kansas City for their Sweet Sixteen matchup against North Carolina, the football team remained at Auburn to continue its spring practice.
Auburn's offense appeared to be taking shape with the usage of some new personnel groupings and there seemed to be some separation in the quarterback battle.
Here are a few things we saw at today's open practice:
- Quarterbacks Joey Gatewood and Bo Nix split first team reps with Gatewood getting the first attempts during short scrimmage.
- Harold Joiner works with first-team offense in a dual-RB formation. He received a handoff from Gatewood along with a reception out of the backfield.
- Mathew Hill works with first-team offense, including making an incredible one-handed catch.
- Jack Driscoll was praised from his four plays with the first-team offense.
- Gus Malzahn and Kenny Dillingham brought a lot of energy during a short scrimmage which saw Nix and Gatewood running the offense.
- Moultry took snaps at outside linebacker, possibly taking over Montavious Atkinson’s old slot. He also took some reps at Buck.
- Smoke Monday did practice but was in a non-contact jersey because of a shoulder injury.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get The Plainsman straight to your inbox.
- DJ Williams and Mathew Hill worked with kickoff returns.
- Anders Carlson has rough day during field goal practice, missing a couple of kicks in scrimmage.
- Arryn Siposs is back in charge of punting duties after missing last week for his honeymoon.
- Christian Tutt, Matthew Hill, Javaris Davis and Eli Stove were the main returners on the punt team.
Do you like this story? The Plainsman doesn't accept money from tuition or student fees, and we don't charge a subscription fee. But you can donate to support The Plainsman.Support The Plainsman