Auburn sophomore Chardonnay Harris named SEC co-Pitcher of the Week

Chardonnay Harris (13) pitches the ball during the Auburn vs. South Carolina Softball game, Saturday, April 13, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn sophomore Chardonnay Harris has been named SEC co-Pitcher of the Week, the league office announced Tuesday morning.

The awards comes on the heels of an extra-innings Game 2 in which Auburn pulled away in the 10th, beating No. 7 Florida 2-1 by way of a Casey McCrackin walk-off. In the win Harris recorded a career-high 17 strikeouts. Harris held her opponents to a .139 batting average as she became the first Auburn pitcher since 2010 to strike out 15-plus batters in a game. It was the most strikeouts against an SEC opponent in program history. 

Harris made 18 appearances with four starts in her debut season with the Tigers last year. Tossing 38.1 innings with a 1.83 ERA, she struck out 43 batters while holding opposing bats to a .174 batting average. 

The native of Oak Park, Illinois, is the second Tiger to receive recognition this month with Tannon Snow receiving SEC Player of the Week after helping take down Tennessee.

Auburn is currently sitting at No. 22 in the polls. Auburn travels to Fayetteville, Arkansas, to take on the Razorbacks this Friday at 6 p.m. CST. 

Share and discuss “Auburn sophomore Chardonnay Harris named SEC co-Pitcher of the Week” on social media.