Auburn's Bo Jackson will be guest picker for College GameDay in Arlington

<p>Bo Jackson&nbsp;speaks at the unveiling of the Charles Barkley statue in front of the Auburn Arena prior to Auburn vs Alabama on Saturday, Nov. 25 in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Bo Jackson speaks at the unveiling of the Charles Barkley statue in front of the Auburn Arena prior to Auburn vs Alabama on Saturday, Nov. 25 in Auburn, Ala.

ESPN’s College Gameday will feature Auburn’s own Bo Jackson this Saturday in Dallas for the Auburn-Oregon game. 

Jackson isn’t new to game days as he was Auburn’s running back from 1982 to 1985 while also playing on Auburn’s baseball team. During his time in Auburn, Jackson scored 43 touchdowns and rushed for a total of 4,303 yards. He was named All-American twice and is a three-time All-SEC selection. His senior year was topped off by winning the Heisman after rushing for 1,786 yards that season. 

GameDay will also feature an oral essay on the late Rod Bramblett. Bramblett was known as the Voice of the Auburn Tigers. He passed away along with his wife, Paula, in a car crash this past summer. 

Auburn football mentioned earlier this week they will be wearing commemorative helmets in honor of Bramblett in its opening two games. 

College Gameday will air from Sundance Square in Fort Worth, Texas, on Saturday morning.

Mattison Allen | Sports Writer
Mattison Allen

Mattison Allen is a senior from Springville, Ala. She's majoring in public relations communications with the goal of becoming a sports information director one day. 

@mattcurtlynn

mca0049@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Auburn's Bo Jackson will be guest picker for College GameDay in Arlington” on social media.