Mattison Allen | Sports Writer

Articles

Coming back to Auburn 'fulfilling' for Zac Etheridge

“That opportunity to come back home has been really fulfilling,” Etheridge said. “You come here to sacrifice. You sacrifice everything about what you do. For me, coming back was just like, I get an opportunity to serve guys that have only watched me play in the past.”

Auburn falls in extra innings to Missouri

No. 24 Auburn came up short on the road against No. 18 Missouri in a 2-1 extra-innings loss on Friday. "Each team had a home run," Dean said. "Each team had great pitching. Each team had great defense. The difference is that they moved one runner, she scored. We didn’t move any.” 

Auburn gymnastics headed to Tuscaloosa Regional seeded No. 15

Auburn gymnastics has earned the No. 15 seed and will compete at the Tuscaloosa Regionals, announced by the NCAA on Monday.  “It’s very exciting to be able to go to regionals,” said junior Derrian Gobourne. “We didn’t get that chance last year and this is a very talented team so I’m very excited. You never know what could happen.”

Auburn baseball swept by Ole Miss

“I kind of told (the team) it’s probably time to adjust some things and to look at some things we’re doing,” said head coach Butch Thompson. “I’m in for whatever type of changes we need to make. I’m going to hang in there with them.”

Auburn gymnastics trying to 'survive' and 'thrive' at SEC Championship

“First things first, we have to survive the SEC Championship meet,” Graba said. “We have to try to thrive at the SEC Championship meet. If we do the thriving, we are set up really well for postseason. If we survive and learn a lot of things, we’re still set up for a really good postseason."

Auburn gymnastics seeded sixth ahead of SEC Championship

Auburn gymnastics is seeded sixth heading into the SEC Championship. The competition will take place in Huntsville, Alabama, on March 20. The Tigers will compete in the second section which begins at 2:30 p.m. CST on SEC Network.