Football Performance Center project enters Phase I

<p>The Auburn football team takes in a few words from head coach Gus Malzahn during practice at the Auburn Athletic Facility, Tuesday, March 29, 2016.  </p>

The Auburn football team takes in a few words from head coach Gus Malzahn during practice at the Auburn Athletic Facility, Tuesday, March 29, 2016.

The Auburn University Board of Trustees approved the initiation of the Football Performance Center project and authorized the commencement of the project’s architect selection process.

The center is intended to provide Auburn Football with the resources to compete successfully within the Southeastern Conference and on the national scale.

The center is anticipated to feature spaces dedicated to strength and conditioning, sports science, health and recovery, equipment storage, team meeting rooms, coach and staff offices and common areas.

At the Board’s June meeting, Auburn Football head coach Gus Malzahn expressed the center’s importance to the future of the University’s football program.

The project is expected to be funded by University general revenue bonds and gift funds. Debt service on the bonds is expected to be paid for with the Athletics Department fund.

Share and discuss “Football Performance Center project enters Phase I” on social media.