Meet Jack O'Keefe: candidate for SGA president

Jack O'Keefe, junior in building science, is running for SGA president.

Jack O’Keefe, junior in building science, said one of the most important aspects of the Auburn experience is all students feeling like they are heard, something he focused on while crafting his platform for SGA president. 

“What’s really cool is that I got to see that one side of the coin of that average Auburn student, and now I get to see that SGA side, so I get to see the back workings and how everyone really goes about this,” he said.

For his platform, “On-Board with O’Keefe,” the focal points fall into three different categories: inclusiveness, transportation and campus life. 

One idea that O’Keefe emphasized was creating a rewards program for students to attend different organizational events in order to assist in growing the Auburn family, he said. 

“Not typically how students may think of inclusiveness, but more so including people in the Auburn family and making them feel more included and more involved in the Auburn family,” O’Keefe said. 

In regard to transportation, O’Keefe said that he hoped to improve several aspects, including working toward getting electric scooters and keeping close tabs on the new Lyft program that was recently implemented. 

As the current director of housing for SGA, O’Keefe said he is passionate about the last portion of his platform. Campus life is a something he’s spent a lot of time working to improve by listening to students, he said. 

“What’s really cool is that I’ve been able to throw so many things into this part of the platform that students told me that Auburn might be missing the mark with,” O’Keefe said.

Share and discuss “Meet Jack O'Keefe: candidate for SGA president” on social media.