Meet Megan Ondrizek: candidate for Miss Auburn

Megan Ondrizek, junior in communication disorders, is running for Miss Auburn.

Miss Auburn is a representative of the people of Auburn, so Megan Ondrizek, junior in communication disorders, chose to focus her platform on the Auburn Family. To represent this, she chose the sixth line of the Auburn Creed: “I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.”

“I love the people of Auburn because they have loved me, and I want to return the intentionality that they have poured into the Auburn students,” she said.

Ondrizek plans to use her time as Miss Auburn to promote current service opportunities around the community and the creation of new service opportunities.

“It is my goal to remind students that the Auburn Family extends beyond the people that they see on campus daily and offer a way to bridge that gap,” Ondrizek said in her platform. “We are fortunate to attend a University that is loved so well by those who surround it, and it is our turn to return that support.”

Her campaign uses community service to highlight the importance of relationships in a community. 

“I truly do believe that Auburn has given me the greatest gift life has to offer: genuine, loving relationships,” Ondrizek said. “My goal is to ensure that the intentionality found in those relationships is both shared and received by all.”

Ondrizek said her road to this campaign has strengthened her passion for service and appreciation of those who serve tirelessly. She said she has felt this support during her time at Auburn and wants to share her passion for giving back with the Auburn Family.

“As Miss Auburn, I would seek to serve the student body and the community as I serve those closest to me,” Ondrizek said. “A smile and an act of service do just as much for you as they do for the people you offer them to.”

Share and discuss “Meet Megan Ondrizek: candidate for Miss Auburn” on social media.