Auburn softball dominates weekly SEC honors

<p>Samantha Yarbrough (1) pitches in Auburn Softball vs. Georgia Southern on Mar 1, 2020 in Auburn, AL</p>

Samantha Yarbrough (1) pitches in Auburn Softball vs. Georgia Southern on Mar 1, 2020 in Auburn, AL

Auburn softball swept the SEC awards for Week 4 of the season with three recipients. 

Senior Alyssa Rivera, sophomore Samantha Yarbrough and freshman Carlee McCondichie took home the honors, marking the first time in Auburn history the Tigers have been able to sweep the weekly honors. 

Rivera was given SEC Co-Player of the Week for the first time in her career. In the Tiger Invitational, Rivera batted two home runs out of her 12 hits, averaging a .667 batting average for the weekend. Rivera had a total of 10 runs scored along with four walks, six RBIs and seven stolen bases. 

Yarbrough was awarded SEC Co-Pitcher of the Week as the weekend pitching anchor. The South Alabama transfer picked up three wins with one save in the circle during the Invitational. 

Yarbrough led Auburn (14-8) complete-game victory over No. 18 Minnesota with her highest number of innings pitched this season at seven. Yarbrough was able to strike out 19 batters over the weekend. 

Freshman infielder Carlee Condichie received SEC Co-Freshman of the Week. She recorded seven hits with a batting average of .500 over the weekend. 

She was able to make six scoring runs, four RBIs and steal two bases, marking her highest running average since her start at the beginning of the season. 

The Tigers went 5-1 over the weekend. They continue their season with a midweek matchup at Mercer on Wednesday before opening SEC play at Florida this coming weekend. 

Mattison Allen | Sports Writer
Mattison Allen

Mattison Allen is a senior from Springville, Ala. She's majoring in public relations communications with the goal of becoming a sports information director one day. 

@mattcurtlynn

mca0049@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Auburn softball dominates weekly SEC honors” on social media.