Four-star PF J.T. Thor commits to Auburn

Bruce Pearl claps during Tipoff at Toomer's, on Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

The first of three major decisions went Bruce Pearl's way, paving the way for what could be a monumental month for Auburn basketball. 

Four-star power forward J.T. Thor, the nation's No. 51 overall player according to 247Sports, committed to Auburn over Oklahoma State Sunday morning. 

The 6-foot-10 prospect from Norcorss, Georgia is the No. 8 power forward in the country and is ranked as the No. 4 player in the state in the 247Sports Composite Rankings. 

Thor joins a 2020 class with five-star guard Sharife Cooper, three-star forward Chris Moore and three-star guard Justin Powell. Coming into Sunday, the Tigers' held the No. 19 class in the country but with Thor's commitment Auburn has jumped inside the top 10, now at No. 8 nationally. 

“Really, Bruce Pearl and the class that’s coming in, I feel like it gels well with me,” Thor said during his commitment broadcast with 247Sports's Evan Daniels. “I feel like we could have a really good season next year.”

Thor, who was long suspected to pick Oklahoma State as his college destination, took an unofficial visit to Auburn in March prior to the coronavirus outbreak and before the recruiting dead period began.

“(Pearl) is a players’ coach, first of all,” Thor said. “He’s a winner. He had players before me that played like me, so I feel like I can fit in well to the system and we can make it work.”

With Okoro making himself eligible for the draft and five seniors departing, Auburn has two more scholarships available for the 2020 season. 

Five-stars Jalen Green and Greg Brown will make their announcement in the coming weeks of April.

Share and discuss “Four-star PF J.T. Thor commits to Auburn” on social media.