Auburn receives commitment from 3-star tight end Landen King

<p>Auburn Football head coach Gus Malzahn during an open practice on Saturday, Aug. 5, 2017 in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Auburn Football head coach Gus Malzahn during an open practice on Saturday, Aug. 5, 2017 in Auburn, Ala.

The 2021 recruiting train keeps rolling for Auburn with 3-star tight end Landen King committing on Monday. King is the 10th commit in the 2021 class for Auburn. 

According to 274Sports composite rankings, King is currently ranked as the 23rd-best tight end in 2021.

From Humble, Texas, King was committed to Texas before decommiting on May 22. During his junior year, King accumulated 53 receptions for 853 yards and nine touchdowns.

Since arriving at Auburn, new offensive coordinator Chad Morris has significantly increased the Tigers recruiting in the state of Texas. Along with King, the Tigers hold commits from Dematrius Davis and Jaeden Roberts, both out of North Shore High School in Texas.

At the tight end position, Auburn currently has John Samuel Shenker, Luke Deal and Tyler Fromm on the roster with two 4-star tight ends in Jeremiah Pegues and Brandon Frazier in the class of 2020. Under Morris' leadership in 2019, the Razorbacks’ tight ends combined for 45 receptions, 476 yards, and five touchdowns.

In 2019 the only Auburn tight end to record a stat was Shenker with three receptions for 21 yards and a touchdown. 

Share and discuss “Auburn receives commitment from 3-star tight end Landen King” on social media.