Report: Three Auburn football players test positive for COVID-19

The indoor practice facililty is scheduled to be finished July 29. The football players would be allowed to be in the facility on the July 30, but won't report to practice until a few days later. (Nicole Singleton / Sports Editor)

First, the NCAA approved that voluntary athletic activities could start on June 1, then the SEC approved that voluntary athletic activities could begin on June 8. Lastly, Auburn decided its athletes could come back for voluntary activities starting on June 8 as well. 

After arriving back on campus on Thursday, Auburn football can begin voluntary athletic activities on Monday. After a weekend of testing and isolation in the dorms, Auburn will start workouts with the strength and conditioning staff on June 8 in small groups of eight. 

The Tigers will be without three players to start after the three tested positive for COVID-19. AuburnSports.com first reported the news. All three players are said to be asymptomatic and will be put into a quarantine dorm by themselves for two weeks.

The remaining players will start these voluntary athletic activities on Monday, June 8. These activities are run by Auburn's strength and conditioning staff, while the on-field coaches are still only able to meet with players virtually for up to eight hours a week. 

Share and discuss “Report: Three Auburn football players test positive for COVID-19” on social media.