Defensive Line X-Factor: Coynis Miller Jr.

Coynis Miller Jr. (8) warms up prior to Auburn vs. Kent State, on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Signing with Auburn as a 4-star recruit out of Birmingham in 2018, expectations were high for Coynis Miller Jr. 

Through two seasons, he’s combined for nine total tackles.

It didn’t help that he had players like Derrick Brown above him on the depth chart when he arrived, but now Brown, Nick Coe and Marlon Davidson are all gone. 

The defensive line is wide open for the taking, and the uber-talented Miller is the defensive line X-Factor for 2020.

It seems like Tyrone Truesdell will be the No. 1 defensive tackle after having a standout season in 2019 with 31 tackles and three sacks while playing in a reserve role. 

But after Truesdell at defensive tackle and Big Kat Bryant off the edge, everything is up for grabs.

Incoming JUCO transfers Marquis Burks and Dre Butler will compete for time. As will Jaren “Stone” Handy and Daquan Newkirk who will be returning for their sophomore and senior seasons, respectively.

All of them are talented and have the potential to be the next breakout star for Rodney Garner, but none as much as Miller.

It’ll be nearly impossible for anyone to have as much of an impact as Brown did to that defensive line, but Miller could prove to be a valuable piece. 

Share and discuss “Defensive Line X-Factor: Coynis Miller Jr. ” on social media.