Emily Carosone rejoins softball program as assistant coach

<p>Emily Carosone (5) swings for a hit. Auburn vs Florida State, Women's College World Series Semifinal on Sunday, June 5 in Oklahoma City, OK.</p>

Emily Carosone (5) swings for a hit. Auburn vs Florida State, Women's College World Series Semifinal on Sunday, June 5 in Oklahoma City, OK.

Emily Carosone is back in orange and blue.

The former All-American softball player will be returning to Auburn as an assistant coach for the program, the team announced Wednesday.

“I’m excited to be back with the Auburn Family,” Carosone said. “There’s no other place I’d rather be.” 

During her playing time at Auburn, Carosone helped lead the team to 2015 and 2016 SEC Softball Tournament titles along with trips to the Women’s College World Series in 2015 and 2016.

Carosone set records under the Auburn banner, she is currently Auburn’s all-time leader in batting average (.406), hits (285), runs (267), on-base percentage (.534) and hit by pitches (85). 

Along with that she is also in the top three in Auburn’s record books in career RBI, doubles, home runs, slugging percentage and games started.

Not only that, but she holds Auburn single-season records for runs, slugging-percentage and hit by pitch.

Following her time in an Auburn uniform Carosone was drafted in the fourth round of the 2016 National Pro Fastpitch Draft, signing with the Chicago Bandits, playing for the Bandits through the 2018 season.

The Bandits ultimately took home the 2016 Cowles Cup in Carosone’s rookie season courtesy of a come-from-behind win over USSSA Pride in the championship series.

Carosone never truly left Auburn, though, serving as a graduate assistant to the program in 2017 and a volunteer assistant in 2018 and 2019.

She left the program prior to the 2020 season to train for the Tokyo Olympics where she planned to play on the Italian National Team before the Olympics were postponed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

“We are excited to have Emily join our staff as a full-time member,” head coach Mickey Dean said. “She has earned this opportunity as a player and as our volunteer assistant for the last three seasons.”

Share and discuss “Emily Carosone rejoins softball program as assistant coach” on social media.