Two Kappa Kappa Gamma members under quarantine

<p>A digitally colorized scanning electron microscopic (SEM) image reveals ultrastructural details of the coronavirus viral particles.</p>

A digitally colorized scanning electron microscopic (SEM) image reveals ultrastructural details of the coronavirus viral particles.

One Auburn sorority is quarantining two active members who tested positive for COVID-19 following Saturday's in-person Bid Day, according to an email obtained by The Plainsman.

The email, from Kappa Kappa Gamma president Montgomery-Lee Todd, senior in accounting, was sent to members of the Epsilon Eta chapter on Auburn's campus and other potentially exposed Bid Day participants on Tuesday after the two members received their results on Monday.

"If you are receiving this email it means you are marked as 'attended' on our records for Bid Day event(s) on Aug. 15 and may have been exposed to two of our Active Members (roommates) who tested positive for COVID-19 this Monday, Aug. 17," Todd said in the email.

Both members have contacted the University and are moving to quarantine housing in The Hill as well as following A Healthier U guidelines, Todd said. She asked KKG members to keep watch on their symptoms and to contact the Auburn University Medical Clinic should they have any concerns.

"The members have already communicated with the women they were in close contact with, including roommates and Bid Day buddies, so y'all should know who you are and I would also recommend you get tested," she said in the email.

Todd followed by saying she expected some positive cases to appear during the semester and is monitoring how the University is approaching COVID-19 tracking on campus.

"I did not believe that we could go an entire semester without a single case obviously, however I do want our chapter to be proactive and take this seriously, as I am only starting to learning how prepared the University is for contact tracing to begin," Todd said. "It is so important that we are holding each other accountable and having these hard conversations, so that we are able to still have any sort of in-person events or activities in small groups in the future."

Todd stated she will be presenting a safety plan for KKG at its chapter meeting on Wednesday night, and she will provide further updates on exposure and communication from University administration as they arise.

Tim Nail | Campus Editor

Tim Nail, junior in journalism, is the campus editor for The Auburn Plainsman.

@timmnail

timnail@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Two Kappa Kappa Gamma members under quarantine” on social media.