Tigers tabbed to finish 10th in SEC; three players named to preseason watch list

Alyssa Malonson (3) kicks the ball during the Auburn vs. Troy game Sunday Sept. 8, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

On Thursday, three Auburn soccer players were named to the SEC Soccer Preseason Watch List.

Alyssa Malonson, a senior, was named to the watch list for a third straight season. Malonson was named an SEC All-Freshman in 2017 and was Second Team All-SEC in 2018.

Joining Malonson on the watch list is senior captain Sarah Houchin. Houchin, along with Malonson, has played in every game since arriving at Auburn in 2017. 

Houchin was named the team’s defensive MVP and received the Iron Woman Award in each of the last two seasons.

The third and final member on the watch list for Auburn is forward Sydney Richards. Last season, Richards was named an SEC All-Freshman.  

Richards returns as the leading goal scorer for Auburn after scoring four goals in 2019. Richards had a pair of game-winning goals, including one in double overtime against Alabama.

While on Wednesday, the Tigers were picked to finish 10th overall in the SEC by the conference's coaches.

The Tigers will start their season on Friday against Mississippi State at the Auburn Soccer Complex at 6 p.m. CST. This game will mark the first live sporting event on Auburn’s campus since March.

Share and discuss “Tigers tabbed to finish 10th in SEC; three players named to preseason watch list” on social media.