Auburn in the NFL - Week 8

<p>Carlton Davis (6)&nbsp;high-fives fans after Auburn vs Mississippi State on Saturday, Sept. 30 in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Carlton Davis (6) high-fives fans after Auburn vs Mississippi State on Saturday, Sept. 30 in Auburn, Ala.

After a quiet Week 7, several former Tigers showed out and took the field for their respective teams in Week 8 of the NFL season.

New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton completed 15-of-25 passes for 174 yards, adding 54 yards and a touchdown on nine carries in the team’s 24-21 loss to the Buffalo Bills. 

Newton is ranked second among quarterbacks, and fifth overall in rushing touchdowns this season.

Newton’s teammate and former Tiger Jonathan Jones finished the game with six tackles. Jones ranks third on the Patriots with 39 total tackles on the year. 

Former Tiger Derrick Brown finished last Thursday’s game against the Atlanta Falcons with four total tackles, his most in a game since Week 3. According to Pro Football Focus, Brown is ranked second in quarterback pressures with 12 on the season.

In a matchup of former Auburn kickers, Daniel Carlson’s Las Vegas Raiders beat Cody Parkey’s Cleveland Browns 16-6. It was a windy afternoon in Cleveland, forcing both kickers to miss one of their attempts.

Carlson converted 3-of-4 attempts with a long of 33 and made his lone extra-point. Parkey converted 2-of-3 attempts with a long of 41 yards. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ defensive backs Jamel Dean and Carlton Davis finished Monday’s 25-23 win over the New York Giants with 10 total tackles. Davis recorded his fourth interception of the year and is tied with three other players for the league lead.

On the other side, Giants wide receiver Darius Slayton caught five passes for 56 yards in the loss. Slayton has solidified himself as the team’s No. 1  receiver, leading the Giants in receiving yards and touchdowns through eight games. 

Detroit Lions running back Kerryon Johnson caught both of his targets for a total of 15 yards in Detroit’s 41-21 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. Johnson scored a touchdown on a nine-yard crossing route, his first score since Week 2. 

Cincinnati Bengals linebackers Josh Bynes and Carl Lawson combined for seven total tackles in the Bengals’ 31-20 win over the Tennessee Titans. Lawson also added a quarterback pressure, and Bynes intercepted a pass on a Titans 2-point conversion attempt.

Darius Slayton: 

Kerryon Johnson:

Cam Newton:

Carl Lawson:

Carlton Davis:

Share and discuss “Auburn in the NFL - Week 8” on social media.