Tigers look forward to Senior Day against Texas A&M

<p>Coach Gus Malzahn talks to the team before the game between Auburn and Tennesee at Jordan Hare Stadium on Nov 21, 2020; Auburn AL, USA. Photo via: Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics</p>

Coach Gus Malzahn talks to the team before the game between Auburn and Tennesee at Jordan Hare Stadium on Nov 21, 2020; Auburn AL, USA. Photo via: Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

Coming off a 42-13 loss to No. 1 Alabama, Auburn has turned its attention toward this Saturday’s matchup against No. 5 Texas A&M. The game will be the last at Jordan-Hare for Auburn’s senior class. 

“It’s going to be Senior Day,” said head coach Gus Malzahn. “We have 16 seniors, and I know they’re really looking forward to playing in their last home game on our field.”

Auburn is 6-1 on Senior Day under Malzahn, with the only loss coming against Alabama in 2015. 

While the Iron Bowl is typically the last regular-season game for both Auburn and Alabama, the Tigers have two games remaining on the schedule this year. 

“We don’t usually get a game after the Iron Bowl,” center Nick Brahms said. “Coming off a loss like that and being able to play a No. 5 team gives us momentum going into the next game and next year too.”

Auburn has 16 seniors this year, including Big Kat Bryant, K.J. Britt, Eli Stove and Tyrone Truesdell, to name a few. 

Redshirt freshman defensive tackle Colby Wooden spoke on Bryant’s influence on him as a younger member of Auburn’s defensive line. 

“[Big Kat] was one of the main factors that helped recruit me to get me here,” Wooden said. “He’s been a big brother to me. He’s helped me in every aspect of the game. Learning blocks, how to defend blocks, how to pass rush, what to look for. You can’t ask for a better guy, every Monday I’m at his house watching film, barbecuing, eating. He’s just my big brother.”

Auburn’s senior class has been a part of an SEC West Championship, won every Iron Bowl inside Jordan-Hare and took part in a New Year’s Six bowl. 

“This senior class is a bunch of special people first of all,” Malzahn said. “They’ve been around here for a long time, and they’re part of our family. It means a lot to try and send those guys out with a victory. We’ve been fortunate to be pretty good on Senior Day and we need to do the same thing this game.”

Auburn will face Texas A&M this Saturday at 11 a.m. CST. The game will be televised on ESPN. 

“Everybody knows if you’re a senior, you have to go out with a bang,” Wooden said. “We’re going to do everything we can to make sure those guys come out victorious.”

Share and discuss “Tigers look forward to Senior Day against Texas A&M” on social media.