Stephen Sadie elected next SGA treasurer

<p>Stephen Sadie speaks after being called as the 2021-2022 SGA treasurer.</p>

Stephen Sadie speaks after being called as the 2021-2022 SGA treasurer.

Stephen Sadie, junior in finance, was announced as treasurer for Auburn's Student Government Association for the 2021-2022 year out of two candidates.

Sadie ran on a platform promoting the implementation of SGA reserve and student activity fee funds along with the expansion of the university's financial literacy program.

Sadie ran against Hannah Streitman, junior in finance, receiving 56.56% of the treasurer vote with 4,763 votes followed by Streitman who received 43.44% with 3658 votes. 

Sadie said that the campaign showed him how the Auburn community can come together and unite behind a cause.

"We have had people from all walks of life, all areas of campus [in this campaign], and that is something I hope to continue to do in the office," said Sadie.

He said that his main priority as treasurer is raising the voices of students and bringing people together.

"The biggest thing that I try to hone in on is the Auburn Family," Sadie said. "Being treasurer you deal a lot with the budget and finances ... but my passion is just for serving the Auburn community."

Along with his history and passion for working with finance, Sadie said the most important thing for him is "bringing together this family."

"One of the best experiences I have had is coming to Auburn and feeling so loved and ... included," he said. "During [this] time... we are living in uncertainty with COVID and there is a lot of divide in this country. I feel like a lot of people have felt lonely. I think that just being heard, and having the opportunities... to come together as an Auburn family is really important for this time."

Share and discuss “Stephen Sadie elected next SGA treasurer” on social media.