Auburn soccer misses out on NCAA Tourney bid

Karen Hoppa during the match between Auburn and LSU at Auburn Soccer Complex on Feb 26, 2021; Auburn, AL, USA. Photo via: Shanna Lockwood/AU Athletics.

Auburn’s season has officially come to a close after they did not receive an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament this season. The NCAA announced the bracket for the tournament in their selection show on Monday. 

Auburn ended the season on a five-game winning streak and with an overall record of 10-5-3. 

Auburn most recently took down Virginia Tech, 4-1, thanks to a second-half hat trick from Mallory Mooney. 

When the soccer season started back up in the spring, Auburn only lost one game. That was a 1-0 loss on the road to No. 9 Clemson. The Tigers only allowed three goals since the season resumed on Feb. 19. 

With the conclusion of the season, head coach Karen Hoppa has finished with her 18th 10-win season in her 22 years at the helm for Auburn. 

With a young roster loaded with talent, Auburn will look to make a splash next season and earn a bid to the NCAA Tournament.

Share and discuss “Auburn soccer misses out on NCAA Tourney bid” on social media.