Plainsman's Choice for Brunch: Acre

The Acre restaurant on Sunday, March 28, 2021, in Auburn, Ala.

Acre serves an upscale brunch with a modern southern twist that never disappoints, making it the Plainsman’s choice for best brunch in Auburn. 

They boast a small but unique menu of brunch items with high quality farm-to-table ingredients. Chef and Auburn graduate David Bancroft opened Acre in 2013 and quickly established himself as one of the best chefs in Alabama.

Brunch is served on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and includes steak and eggs, chicken fried chicken, fried chicken johnny cakes and gulf crab cakes. They also have a signature menu item labeled the 'Sunday special' which includes a prime ribeye, poached egg, skillet potatoes, green beans and hollandaise. 

Acre is located at 210 E Glenn Ave, just a short walk from Toomer’s Corner. They offer both indoor and outdoor dining. The inside has a rustic chic, modern farmhouse ambiance with an open floor plan and some tucked away tables for private parties, while the outside area is quaint and perfect for spring mornings. 

The Acre staff is also very friendly and attends to all you needs and has a great knowledge of the menu. 

Acre attracts alumni, visitors and even students. While Acre’s prices aren’t necessarily college student friendly, Auburn students are willing to sacrifice a good portion of their paychecks because it's just that good. 

Share and discuss “Plainsman's Choice for Brunch: Acre” on social media.