Broncos select Seth Williams in 6th round of NFL Draft

Dec 5, 2020; Auburn AL, USA; Auburn Tigers wide receiver Seth Williams (18) runs the ball during the game between Auburn and Texas A&M at Jordan Hare Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Shanna Lockwood/AU Athletics

Auburn wide receiver Seth Williams has been selected with the 219th pick in the sixth round of the 2021 NFL draft by the Denver Broncos.

Williams is the third Auburn player taken in this year’s draft, the first Auburn wide receiver. 

A starter for almost every game he played in at Auburn, Williams has been a constant producer. His 132 career receptions rank him 7th in school history. He is also 3rd overall in school history for touchdown receptions with 17, and 4th overall in total receiving yards with 2,124. 

Since quarterback Bo Nix became the school’s starter in 2019, Williams and Nix connected on at least one pass and catch in every game they played together. Williams has five career 100-yard receiving games to his credit and plenty of highlight reel worthy plays.

In Nix’s first game as a starter, against No. 6 Oregon in 2019, Williams made three catches on the final drive of the game, including the game-winning reception with nine seconds remaining. 

In 2020, the veteran receiver had his third career game-winner against Ole Miss that went for 58-yards and a score. His two touchdown grabs against Kentucky in the first game of the season, were highlight reel plays, that saw Williams jump well above Wildcat defenders for acrobatic scores.

At 6’3 211 pounds, Williams is a huge red-zone threat and has been Auburn’s go-to in scoring situations for the past few seasons. Williams should make an immediate impact in the NFL. 

Share and discuss “Broncos select Seth Williams in 6th round of NFL Draft” on social media.