Henry Zimmer | Sports Writer

Articles

Auburn's defense shines on A-Day

According to players and coaches, Auburn's defense was supposed to be the best part of the Tigers' overall team heading into the annual A-Day scrimmage. By the end of the game, it became clear why the defense has earned that praise. 

J.J. Pegues moving to defensive line

Auburn football head coach Bryan Harsin announced Saturday that tight end J.J. Pegues is moving to the defensive line.  "I think the position for J.J. is going to be a good fit," Harsin said. 

Inside linebackers 'buy-in' to Schmedding's system

Jeff Schmedding inherited a talented tandem of Zakoby McClain and Owen Pappoe when he came to Auburn as the inside linebackers coach. He's seen them, and the group as a whole "buy-in" during the spring.

Mike Bobo transforming Auburn's offense

“With the whole staff, we are able to get a lot of ideas about what direction we want to go,” Bobo said. “It is going to be a fluid process, we are still trying to figure out the players that we have and the talent we have offensively.”

Observations from Auburn's open practice

Auburn football and head coach Bryan Harsin conducted an open practice for fans in Jordan-Hare Stadium on Saturday. In front of a crowd of about 3,500, the Auburn fans got to see what changes are being made to the football team under its new coaching staff. 

Auburn falls on the road to No. 8 Alabama

"I wish we would've got this dub today and then win on Saturday so we could've ended perfectly ready to go into the next season, but that's not going to happen," Williams said. "So we have to win this Saturday, and we're going to be prepared for Mississippi State."