Auburn basketball will host its annual Pro Day on Oct. 8 in Auburn Arena

Mar 6, 2021; Auburn, AL, USA; Auburn Tigers guard Allen Flanigan (22) shoots during the game between Auburn and Mississippi State at Auburn Arena. Mandatory Credit: Shanna Lockwood/AU Athletics

Auburn basketball will host its annual Pro Day on Oct. 8 at Auburn Arena. General managers, front office personnel and scouts from all 30 NBA teams are invited. 

Since Auburn began Pro Days four years ago, over 60 NBA representatives have attended the event. The Tigers’ practice will feature drills put on by the Auburn coaches, as well as an open court five-on-five scrimmage.

During the Bruce Pearl era, the Auburn program has had four players drafted in the last four seasons. The four players taken match the total amount of draft picks taken in the previous 25 years. 

Auburn's four picks from 2019-2021 are tied for the seventh-most in the nation, and third-best in the SEC.

In 2019, Chuma Okeke, star of Auburn’s Final Four run was taken 16th overall by the Orlando Magic. In 2020, Isaac Okoro was taken fifth overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers. Okoro was named to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team last season.

In the 2021 NBA Draft, two Tigers were selected. JT Thor was taken with the 37th overall pick to the Charlotte Hornets and Sharife Cooper went 48th overall to the Atlanta Hawks. Thor and Cooper were the first Auburn teammates to be drafted in the same draft since 2000.

Auburn has had at least one player drafted in the past three seasons for the first time since 1986-1988.

This season, Auburn returns 12 players including three starters. Starter Allen Flanigan will start the season injured, recovering from successful surgery on his Achilles. Auburn will also feature four marquee transfers in Wendell Green Jr., Zep Jasper, K.D. Johnson and Walker Kessler.

Auburn’s 2021-2022 regular season begins at home against Morehead State on Nov. 9 in Auburn Arena. 

Henry Zimmer | Sports Reporter

Henry Zimmer is from Jacksonville, Florida, and is currently in his fifth year with The Plainsman. He is currently the Sports Reporter and can be followed on Twitter here: @henryzimmer

Share and discuss “Auburn basketball will host its annual Pro Day on Oct. 8 in Auburn Arena ” on social media.