Liz Reich wins SEC Offensive Player of the Week

<p>Liz Reich ready to hit the ball during a match against North Alabama on Sept. 9, 2021, at Auburn Arena in Auburn, Alabama.</p>

Liz Reich ready to hit the ball during a match against North Alabama on Sept. 9, 2021, at Auburn Arena in Auburn, Alabama.

Liz Reich racked up the first SEC honor of her career Monday afternoon when she was named the Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week. 

Reich joined Rebekah Rath as the only other Auburn athlete to win this award marking the first time in program history the Tigers have had multiple players win this award in the same season. 

In a win against Georgia, the Portland transfer tallied 11 kills on 27 attempts. Reich accounted for three errors giving her a .296 hitting percentage. 

Against Georgia in the series finale, Reich left Athens with a season high for kills in a conference match with 12. Reich did this on 22 attempts giving her a .409 hitting percentage. 

Among the two games against the Bulldogs, Reich averaged 3.83 kills per set and 4.50 points per set as the Tigers went 1-1 over the weekend. 

Auburn hosts LSU on Friday at 6 p.m. CT in a single match. The game will be televised on SEC Network+. 

Jacob Waters | Sports Reporter

Jacob is a sophomore from Leeds, Alabama. This is his second year with The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @JacobWaters_

Share and discuss “Liz Reich wins SEC Offensive Player of the Week” on social media.