Auburn students share their favorite "no bones day" activities

<p>Noodle, the social media famous dog, has invented the saying "no bones day."</p>

Noodle, the social media famous dog, has invented the saying "no bones day."

No bones day: let’s talk about the social media trend with over 4.3 million followers.

For those unfamiliar with the term, the idea of a “no bones day” comes from a recent TikTok trend started by Jonathan Graziano and his 13 year-old pug, Noodle. 

At the start of each morning, Graziano takes to the app to see if Noodle will “wake up with bones” and stand on his own, or flop back onto his bed.

If Noodle stands, it is a “bones day." On a bones day, followers are encouraged to complete a task they have been putting off or take a risk, according to a Today Show interview with Graziano. 

If the pug refuses to stand, Graziano alerts his followers that it will be a “no bones day." In the same interview, Graziano said "no bones days" are reserved for comfy clothes and treating yourself kindly. 

Noodle has gone viral. Millions of people are looking to the pug to decide what kind of day they are going to have, and Auburn students are no exception. Here is what students said about their favorite ways to spend a "no bones day."

Kevin Kajevic, senior in biomedical science, believes that while it may be unrealistic to stay in bed all day, hitting snooze a few times never hurt anyone. Kajevic said he starts his mornings about an hour later than usual on no bones days. After waking up, Kajevic cooks himself a sit-down breakfast and gets some work done before class.

Amanda Stigaard, junior in Industrial and Systems Engineering, said that "no bones days" are the perfect opportunity to spend a little extra time catching up on her favorite TV show before bed. Stigaard, along with many other Auburn students, said she often forgets to take a few minutes to unwind at the end of the day. 

“Seeing that it’s a 'no bones day' makes me more conscious of the stress I’m putting on my own body,” Stigaard said. 

Oftentimes, college students can be unaware of how busy schedules and full extracurricular calendars can impact their mental and physical health. According to an article written by staff at the Mayo Clinic, overexposure to cortisol, the chemical released when humans get stressed, can “disrupt almost all your body's processes." According to the clinic's website, effective ways to de-stress, particularly in young people, are crucial to securing good mental and physical health.

Julia Young, sophomore in business, uses "no bones days" as a way to do just that.

“I like to unwind by taking long drives,” Young said. She adds that it is a great way to “recharge.”

Aside from a few common themes, there is no real pattern regarding how Auburn students like to spend "no bones days." 

While they all incorporate different activities into their day, the students said one thing collectively. "No bones days" are about taking time for yourself- a phenomenon they agree college students need to do more often. 

Sabina Crisitello | Assistant Culture Editor

Sabina Crisitello, junior in journalism, is the assistant culture editor at The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Auburn students share their favorite "no bones day" activities” on social media.