Campus Safety receives report of sexual assault

<p>Police tape surrounds a crime scene.</p>

Police tape surrounds a crime scene.

A report of fondling, as defined by the Clery Act, was reported to Campus Safety and Security by the Title IX Office this afternoon.

The report alleges the incident occurred yesterday morning, Nov. 1, at approximately 10:45 a.m. at Ross Square.

The survivor said she was walking through Ross Square when a male suspect "violently bumped into her from behind and grabbed her buttocks with his open hand," per an email sent out to students from Campus Safety. The suspect then left the area through Thach Concourse.

The survivor described the man as a Black male with medium to dark complexion in his early 20s, with an average-thin build at approximately 5 feet 5-6 inches tall. He was allegedly wearing a black baseball cap and light army green T-shirt.

She believes he may have been carrying a black backpack and the sides of his head were shaved.

Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact Auburn Police at 334-501-3100 or call or text their tip line at 334-246-1391.

The hotline for Safe Harbor, the University's 24/7 free and confidential advocacy service for those impacted by power-based personal violence, is available at 334-844-7233 or safeharbor@auburn.edu. Rape Counselors of East Alabama can be reached at 334-705-0510.

Trice Brown | Multimedia Editor

Trice Brown, senior in english language arts education, is the multimedia editor of The Auburn Plainsman. 

@bytricebrown

trice@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Campus Safety receives report of sexual assault” on social media.