Auburn basketball up to No. 13 in latest AP Poll

<p>Dec 11, 2021; Atlanta, Ga, USA; Jabari Smith (10) shoots fadeaway during the game between Auburn and Nebraska at State Farm Arena. Mandatory Credit: Grayson Belanger/AU Athletics</p>

Dec 11, 2021; Atlanta, Ga, USA; Jabari Smith (10) shoots fadeaway during the game between Auburn and Nebraska at State Farm Arena. Mandatory Credit: Grayson Belanger/AU Athletics

Auburn continues to win and continues to climb in the polls. The Tigers are ranked No. 13 in the nation in the latest AP Top 25 poll, which was released Monday.

Since losing to UConn in the Bahamas, Auburn has won five in a row, by an average margin of victory of 20 points.

It's a jump of five spots from their previous ranking at No. 18. The jump comes after multiple upsets happened last week, with Texas, Tennessee, Kentucky, UConn and Arkansas all losing.

The Tigers are the second-highest ranked SEC team, only behind Alabama. They are one of six teams from the conference that earned a ranking. Others are No. 6 Alabama, No. 18 Tennessee, No. 19 LSU, No. 21 Kentucky and No. 24 Arkansas.

The six teams from the SEC are the most ranked teams from a single conference. Next in line is the Big 12 with five ranked teams.

Auburn has three non-conference games remaining before it opens conference play with a home matchup against No. 19 LSU on Dec. 29.

Caleb Jones | Sports Editor

Originally from Helena, Ala., Caleb Jones is a senior studying journalism at Auburn University. He has been on staff with The Plainsman since 2019.

You can follow him here on Twitter: @calebjsports

Share and discuss “Auburn basketball up to No. 13 in latest AP Poll” on social media.