Auburn students nail down Christmas asks

<p>Auburn students have finalized their Christmas wish lists and the item coming in first is clothes.</p>

Auburn students have finalized their Christmas wish lists and the item coming in first is clothes.

It's the holiday season, and Christmas is right around the corner. With winter break underway, many Auburn University students have their gift lists prepared for what they would like this Christmas. 

Auburn students detailed their Christmas lists through a self-reported survey, and the results revealed which gifts students are asking for most this Christmas. 

Out of all responses received from the survey, the top gift Auburn students want this Christmas is clothes. Of those who took the survey, 93.1% picked clothes as a priority on their wish list this holiday season. Second to clothes is gift cards, a common ask among college students.

Emily Deeney, sophomore in marketing, asked for both clothes and gift cards this year.

“I like getting new clothes before the start of a new year,” Deeney said. “Also, I like getting gift cards because I can use them for an array of things such as food, clothes, etc.”

Specifically, many Auburn students said they wanted Auburn apparel. 

“This year for Christmas I am asking for new running shoes, as well as more Auburn gear,” said Lily Rogers, senior in nutrition wellness.

The majority of Auburn students who answered this survey asked for practical gifts that would make the everyday life of a college student easier. 

Many responded that just money as a gift would be appreciated. Money is a necessity for any college student — to help pay rent, buy groceries, fill up a car with gas or buy textbooks.

The rest of the replies from students are scattered, including travel funds, accessories, skincare, apartment or housing supplies or any form of new technology, such as an iPad. 

Some students were specific with their gift lists. Grace Crickard, senior in nursing, said she's asking for a sewing machine.

“I am asking for a sewing machine this year because I am short,” Crickard said. “I have to hem a lot of my clothing, and I’m tired of doing it by hand.”  

Jayne Duignan | Culture Writer

Jayne Duignan, senior in journalism and psychology, is a culture writer at The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Auburn students nail down Christmas asks” on social media.