Nominations open for Plainsman’s Choice readers’ poll

Nominations for Plainsman’s Choice, The Auburn Plainsman’s readers’ poll of the best of Auburn, are open now until Wednesday, March 16, at 11:59 p.m.

Click here to submit nominations.

Each spring, The Plainsman publishes a review of the best things about Auburn. The best restaurants, coffee shops, professors, athletes and more are deemed Plainsman’s Choice for that year. In the past, The Plainsman staff voted to select the winners.

This year, the editorial board at The Plainsman decided that the best should be determined by you. No longer are the rich, privileged media elite (broke student journalists) the arbiters of value in this town. 

We’ve turned Plainsman’s Choice into a readers' poll this year, and later in March, you’ll vote for your favorites in a wide range of categories. For some categories, we were able to narrow the list down to four reasonable options we felt accurately reflected the community’s favorites. For others, we either weren’t sure or knew there were too many good options, so we decided to do a preliminary round of nominations.

We’re accepting nominations for the following categories:

Best of Auburn Culture

• Coffee shop
  • Hangover food
  • Bar event
  • First date spot

Best of Campus

• Professor
  • Student organization
  • Student event

Best Businesses

• Grocery store
  • Gym
  • Place to get a haircut
  • Boutique
  • Thrift store
  • New store

Best of Sports

• Male athlete
  • Female athlete
  • Best Game
  • Best Twitter follow

The form is open until Wednesday, March 16 at 11:59 p.m. CDT, at which point we will collect the top responses to be included in the final poll, which opens on Friday, March 18, and runs for one week.

Click here to look at last year's winners.

Evan Mealins | Editor-in-chief

Evan Mealins, senior in philosophy and economics, is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

@EvanMealins

ecm0060@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Nominations open for Plainsman’s Choice readers’ poll” on social media.