Plainsman's Choice 2022 Best Brunch Spot: Lucy's

<p>Lucy's has been voted this year's go-to brunch spot.</p>

Lucy's has been voted this year's go-to brunch spot.

With modern American foods on the menu and a comfortable atmosphere, Auburn students view Lucy's as a local staple — so much so that it has been voted "Best Brunch Spot."

When asked about popular brunch menu items, the owner of Lucy's, Lisa van der Reijden said, "Definitely our chicken and waffles, which is a spin on a traditional chicken and waffles and eggs benedict."

The Auburn community can experience Lucy's brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. 

While Lucy's is a college student favorite, Lucy's also appeals to professional and family settings.

"I think that's the best thing about Lucy's, we have such a wide demographic," Van der Reijden said. "We always have families come in that are coming to tour Auburn, graduation celebrations. I love that we're a part of Auburn's story, the students' story."

According to Lucy's website, the executive chef of Lucy's is currently Brian Paolina and the sous chef is Sara Lemmon.

"We offer all kinds of American staples, from great steaks, seafood, burgers, to our brunch favorites, which range from anything from chicken and waffles to brioche French toast, all of the things people have come to know and love from Lucy's," Van der Reijden said.

Lucy's style of cooking, modern American cuisine, is a wave of modernized cooking, originating in the 1980s. The menu and aesthetic atmosphere of Lucy's keep students coming back for their brunch food.

"We love being a part of the Auburn community. We especially love being a place where Auburn students love to come. I think that having access to Auburn University has definitely been one of the reasons why we are so successful," Van der Reijden said.

Harlee Meydrech | Assistant Managing Editor

Harlee Meydrech, senior in public relations with a minor in business, is the assistant managing editor at The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Plainsman's Choice 2022 Best Brunch Spot: Lucy's” on social media.