Plainsman's Choice 2022 Best First Date Spot: Hamilton's

Hamilton's on Magnolia was voted 2022's Best First Date Spot for Plainsman's Choice. Photo by Daniel Schmidt

The votes are in. Hamilton's is taking home year's Plainsman's Choice award for "Best First Date Spot."

This date night favorite has been a downtown resident since 2009. For 13 years, they've been serving the Auburn community with steaks, sandwiches and everything in between. Located on Magnolia Ave., Hamilton's sits in the center of downtown Auburn, making it a popular choice for students and locals alike. 

The venue features both indoor and outdoor dining. Outside, tables and chairs are set under a covered patio in front of the restaurant. Inside, dim lighting, a full bar and numerous booths and tables fill the restaurant's dining room. 

Virginia Kunzer, associate professor in the department of music, said Hamilton’s on Magnolia offers good service and that she has enjoyed all of her experiences dining at the restaurant. 

“It’s a nice size restaurant, not too big. It has a nice intimate atmosphere and is very casual,” Kunzer said.

Preston Casewell, junior in marketing, recommended Hamilton’s as a first date spot and has been there multiple times since first arriving for school. He enjoys almost all menu items he has ordered.

“I would recommend the chicken fingers for a meal and creme brulee for dessert. Those are my two favorite dishes at Hamilton’s,” Casewell said. 

Isabelle Matthews, freshman in psychology, frequently dines at Hamilton’s with her friends and family. The live music and attentive service the restaurant offers are a high point for Matthews. 

“I love the food. The lobster bisque is amazing and my family loves it there,” she said. "The servers are so nice, so it's never awkward." 

Matthews said the good service relieves some of the nerves of a first date, making it a more enjoyable experience. 

Piper Bosart | Assistant Culture Editor

Piper Bosart, junior in journalism, is the assistant culture editor for The Auburn Plainsman. She has been with The Plainsman since January, 2022.

Share and discuss “Plainsman's Choice 2022 Best First Date Spot: Hamilton's” on social media.