APD releases statement confirming 36-year-old male found deceased in 100 block of West Magnolia

<p>Police tape surrounds a crime scene.</p>

Police tape surrounds a crime scene.

UPDATE: April 1, 2023 1:15 p.m.

The Lee County Coroner has confirmed the identity of the man found near Skybar on Friday as Scott Lindsay Pinel. Pinel was originally from Atlanta, Georgia according to the coroner's office and was pronounced dead on the scene at 10:12 a.m. on Friday.

Police do not suspect any foul play but the investigation is still ongoing and anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact the Auburn Police Department.

This story will continue to be updated as more information is released.

UPDATE: March 31, 2:00 p.m.

Auburn Public Safety released a statement updating the investigation on Wright Street stating that they received a call at approximately 10 a.m. Friday morning reporting an unknown individual located near the 100 block of West Magnolia.

First responders arrived on the scene and confirmed that the white male was deceased. Upon further investigation, police discovered the individual was a 36-year-old from Georgia. Police have not released the name of the individual.

Video footage of the man falling from a wall was discovered by investigators, confirming the cause of death. 

"This investigation is still ongoing, and anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Auburn Police Department," said Auburn Public Safety in the release statement. 

The APD tip line is (334) 246-1391.

Auburn Police investigate crime scene on Wright St. on March 31, 2023. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The Auburn Police Department have asked the Auburn community to avoid the Wright St. area behind Skybar as they are actively investigating the scene. They were notified at 10 a.m. Friday morning and arrived on the scene after. 

This story is currently developing and will be updated as more information is made available.

Destini Ambus | Editor-in-Chief

Destini Ambus, senior in journalism, pursuing a minor in sociology is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

dya0003@auburn.edu

@destiniamb 

Kristen Carr | Editor-in-Chief
Kristen Carr | Editor-in-Chief

Kristen is a senior majoring in journalism with a minor in business. She has been with The Plainsman since her freshman year serving as a sports writer, podcast editor and host, and most recently, operations managing editor. Carr is currently the editor in chief of The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @kristencarrau

Portfolio

Share and discuss “APD releases statement confirming 36-year-old male found deceased in 100 block of West Magnolia ” on social media.