Auburn residents among five charged in Dadeville shooting

<p>Police tape surrounds a crime scene.</p>

Police tape surrounds a crime scene.

UPDATE: 

Just before noon on Thursday, a fifth arrest in connection with the Dadeville shooting was made by special agents with ALEA's State Bureau of Investigation. Willie George Brown Jr., 19, was formally charged with four counts of reckless murder. Brown is also a resident of Auburn.

The investigation is still ongoing. Pictures and videos related to the incident can be submitted here: https://tips.fbi.gov/digitalmedia/29fa2c127a79963?fbclid=IwAR1pUN2IqYE_Y3F3T-cO6fTRZN346CRoC4XfwkBT_Y12qX5ffuvRXz8o5Cg

On Wednesday, April 19, the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency made a third arrest in connection to the shooting that happened Sunday at a birthday party in Dadeville, resulting in the death of four and 32 injured. Wilson LaMar Hill Jr., 20, a resident of Auburn, was arrested and charged with four counts of reckless murder. 

On Tuesday, April 18, ALEA arrested Tyreese "Ty Reik" McCullough, 17, of Tuskegee and Travis McCullough, 16, also of Tuskegee. Thursday afternoon, April 20, ALEA also announced they arrested Johnny Letron Brown, 20, of Tuskegee with four counts of reckless murder. 

Destini Ambus | Editor-in-Chief

Destini Ambus, senior in journalism, pursuing a minor in sociology is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

dya0003@auburn.edu

@destiniamb 

Kristen Carr | Editor-in-Chief
Kristen Carr | Editor-in-Chief

Kristen is a senior majoring in journalism with a minor in business. She has been with The Plainsman since her freshman year serving as a sports writer, podcast editor and host, and most recently, operations managing editor. Carr is currently the editor in chief of The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @kristencarrau

Portfolio

Share and discuss “Auburn residents among five charged in Dadeville shooting” on social media.