The Flower Bed flourishes in downtown Auburn event

The Flower Truck at Hey Day Market on February 13, 2024

The Flower Bed, a local flower truck business, offered personalized bouquets and individual flowers on Tuesday, Feb. 13. The event, which took place on Hey Day Market’s greenspace, allowed customers the creative freedom to create their own bouquet.

Taylor Bledsoe, owner of The Flower Bed, is a junior at Auburn University studying hospitality. 

Taylor and her mother, Paige Bledsoe, bought The Flower Bed from its previous owner in November 2023. Prior to this, the flower truck had been open for 6 years.

Under the Bledsoes ownership, the business has offered its services at 13 events across Auburn with more events planned in the future.

Taylor Bledsoe, an Auburn native, offered advice on promoting longevity of the flowers.

“I would definitely cut or trim the stems when you get home and change out the water when it gets anything but clear,” Taylor Bledsoe said.

The Flower Bed sources their flowers from a local wholesaler and transports the flowers on the truck to events. The flowers range from $2 to $5 each, depending on the type of flower. Along with the most traditional flowers, such as roses and tulips, The Flower Bed offered greenery to enhance the bouquets.

Once a customer created their bouquet, it was wrapped to provide easier handling. 

Tess Hudson, sophomore in human development and family science, created a personalized bouquet using the wide array of flowers offered.

“I just love stuff like this,” Hudson said. “I would love for this to make a reappearance.”

Victoria Hauth, freshman in pre-architecture, attended the event with friends. Like Hudson, Hauth compiled an array of flowers to make her ideal bouquet.

“I’m going to split them up and give them to my roommates for Valentine’s Day,” Hauth said.

Whether they were purchasing flowers for themselves or a loved one, those that visited The Flower Bed did not leave empty-handed.

The Flower Bed will be returning to the greenspace at Hey Day Market on Wednesday, Feb 14 at 10:30 a.m. in celebration of Valentine’s Day.

Kayleigh Freeman | Community Writer

Kayleigh Freeman, freshman in journalism, is a news writer at The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “The Flower Bed flourishes in downtown Auburn event” on social media.