Caleb Jones | Sports Reporter

Articles

Auburn suffers 'bittersweet' loss on senior night

On senior night, Unique Thompson and Auburn were unable to pull off the upset over No. 16 Arkansas losing 74-69. “Whenever I look back on my years here, I can honestly say I did give it everything I had,” Thompson said. “I don’t have any regrets." 

Auburn-Mississippi State postponed due to inclement weather

Auburn basketball will have to wait before it plays another game inside Auburn Arena. The contest against Mississippi State originally scheduled for Tuesday night has been postponed to Thursday at 4 p.m. CST due to inclement weather, the SEC released in a statement on Monday.

Auburn suffers 'disappointing' road loss to Kentucky

u201cVery disappointing,u201d said head coach Bruce Pearl. u201cYou canu2019t give up 52 points in a half and expect to win a basketball game, let alone making history. Kentucky made shots. They outplayed us and as a result, they get the victory.u201d

Gobourne named SEC Specialist of the Week

On Tuesday, Derrian Gobourne was named SEC Specialist of the Week following her performance against No. 2 LSU last Friday. She’s the first Auburn gymnast to earn a Gymnast of the Week honor this season.

Auburn bested at the buzzer by Ole Miss

With 13 seconds left in overtime and Auburn down by three, Sharife Cooper's 3-pointer hit the rim and bounced up in the air. Silence fell over the crowd as the ball hovered around the rim before bouncing and falling through the net to tie the game. Auburn Arena erupted in cheers, which was soon followed by silence when Ole Miss point guard Devontae Schuler knocked down a game-winning jumper as time expired.