K.J Britt drafted by Bucs in 5th round of NFL Draft

K.J. Britt (33) during the Auburn vs. Georgia game on Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

K.J Britt is now headed for the NFL, set to join the defending Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Tampa Bay drafted Britt in the fifth round of the 2021 NFL draft as the 176th pick overall.

Listed as a 4-star recruit according to Rivals, Britt was rated as the No. 5 player in Alabama out of high school as a defensive back.

Even though he was listed as second on the depth chart, Britt played in every game his freshman season. As a sophomore he appeared in every game once again, receiving more playing time. He recorded 23 tackles during his sophomore stint.

In 2019, Britt climbed into the starting role at linebacker, where he began to break out as a star on Auburn’s defense. He was a first team all-SEC and earned his first career start in the Advocare Classic against No. 11 Oregon to kick off the 2019 season.

During that 2019 season, he recorded 69 tackles and 10 tackles for loss. Six of those tackles came in the Iron Bowl, a 48-45 Auburn win over in-state rival Alabama. It was Britt’s favorite moment as a Tiger, he said in an interview with The Spun.

Britt was named as a team captain for his senior season in 2020. He was also named to preseason watch lists for the Lott IMPACT Trophy, Bednarik Award, Butkus Award and Bronko Nagurski Award.

The Oxford, Ala., native built upon his preseason accolades, being named second-team All American and first-team all-SEC.

However, his final season as a Tiger was cut short because of a thumb injury. It forced him to have surgery, ending his season and college career. He did return to play in the Reese’s Senior Bowl, where he was named in the Reese’s Senior Bowl Top 250.

Share and discuss “K.J Britt drafted by Bucs in 5th round of NFL Draft” on social media.