Reynolds Fuller / Staff Writer

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Blogs give job advice

Auburn University's Career Development Services has developed a blog called Tigers Prepare to help students find jobs upon college graduation.The Web site address is tigersprepare.blogspot.com."It's up-to-date ways that students can approach their job search strategically, proactively, to give them information and opinions about writing resumes, cover letters and how to prepare for maybe some of the events that we've had on campus," said Katie Mantooth, a Career Development Services career counselor.The blog was started last summer as a way to get information out to students in a more casual, conversational fashion.Mantooth said depending on the article, it may even be humorous.Mantooth said they wanted to be able to offer more than just their tip sheets to help advise students."It's just kind of the questions we get a lot and trying to put some good information out there that's not just regurgitation of our tip sheet that we have," Mantooth said.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Women's golf SEC champs

The No. 6 Auburn women's golf team won the 2009 Southeastern Conference Championship by eight strokes April 19 after a weekend long tournament in Blythewood, S.C.The team's overall score for the tournament was 18-over-par, 870.It is the second-lowest total tournament score in Auburn history.This is the seventh SEC title for the Auburn women's golf program.The University of South Carolina hosted the SEC Championship at the University Club at Cobblestone Park.

More articles »