Report: Former Auburn baseball coach Sunny Golloway cleared by NCAA

Months after his firing by Auburn, former head baseball coach Sunny Golloway has been cleared by the NCAA of any possible infractions, according to D1Baseball.com.

“Their word was we are not personally at risk, we are not going to be named,” Galloway told D1Baseball.com. “We are cleared, and they are closing the book on [former Auburn pitching coach] Tom Holliday and Sunny Galloway in this matter.”

The NCAA has yet to comment on the results of the investigation.

However, D1Baseball.com obtained a letter from Shepard Cooper, the director of the Committees on Infractions, sent to Galloway’s legal team on Jan. 30. The letter states: “This is to confirm that the Office of the Committees on Infractions has no record of Sunny Galloway having past involvement in any Level I/Level II/major NCAA infractions.”

The NCAA is still reportedly investigating any potential infractions committed by Auburn, and it is possible Auburn could be found guilty of minor violations. However, it seems that Galloway has been completely cleared by the NCAA.

Following his termination, Galloway filed a lawsuit against Auburn for breach of contract, and that case is still ongoing.

“Auburn had the right to fire me, but they just had to honor the contract,” Galloway told D1Baseball.com. “At the time of my firing, there was a contract in place that wasn’t honored.”

Auburn has yet to make a comment on the situation.

The Plainsman will continue to update this story.

Share and discuss “Report: Former Auburn baseball coach Sunny Golloway cleared by NCAA” on social media.